- April 6-8: Only 20 days until our first camping trip to Snake River RV Resort in Homedale (http://snakeriverrv.com). If you plan on attending this campout and haven’t told Marcia Seibel yet, please either call her at 208-631-4435 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She needs to let the park know our numbers. Saturday night dinner will be at The Bowling Alley instead of a potluck dinner. The Bowling Alley: https://www.facebook.com/owyheelanes/?rf=168485633248379
- April 27-29: Bully Creek Reservoir in Vale, Oregon. Please call for reservations – 541-473-2969. We have reserved sites 5 (Beccie & Jim), 6, 9 (Janet & Tino), 10 (Rita & Jim), and 11. Just mention the TUMBLEWEEDS when making your reservations.
- Now is the time to make reservations for these upcoming campouts – spaces go fast and you don’t want to be left out!
- May 18-20 at Banbury Hot Springs, Buhl ID; 208-543-4098
- June 2-3 at Bruneau Sand Dunes, Bruneau ID; www.parksandrecredation.idaho.gov/parks/brueau-dunes
- Several of you mentioned you are interested in joining Jim and me during our trip to the Swiftwater RV Park in White Bird, Idaho on July 6th-9th. I contacted Anna (the owner) and they do have a couple of spaces available during that time. Below is her email response to me. ALSO, there is a lot of good ATVing in the area so she included information about that. If you are interested in joining us, here is Swiftwater’s information.
Rita Anderson, Vice President
Good Sam Tumbleweeds Club
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: June Camping Inquiry... Swiftwaterrv - RitaAnderson
Good to hear from you, and thanks again for creating the flyer to distribute at the meeting!
Friday, July 6th, the Park is pretty full, at least on the riverfront, though it totally (at the moment) clears out on Saturday the 7th. If the other group members have travel trailers 24' or less, there would be 3 spaces next to your reserved spot (#26) and if they are larger, there are 4 or 5 pull-throughs in the center lawn area that are currently open.
Available July 6th:
----- 2 spaces next to you for trailers your size or less (24’ or less)
------ Four spaces for larger RVs in the center lawn area
Then, on July 7th, lots of riverfront spaces open up and folks could move their trailers over there, if they let me know when making their reservation in the 1st place. Otherwise, they would just stay put!
Would be fun to have more Tumbleweeds in the Park when you are there!
The roads out of our driveway are maintained by local road districts, and of course, the USFS roads are maintained by them.
A very helpful website is Stay On Trails, which includes lots of Idaho riding information. Scroll down the list to Rides #44 and 45 and you'll find information about two Hells Canyon Rides, which are very popular with guests.
White Bird has an active ATV organization - Idaho Pathfinders Association (IPA) and they emphasize efforts to be good stewards of our public lands, to keep our forests clean, and to help protect individuals’ rights to ride trail machines on Public Lands. Their website: http://idahopathfinders.org/ You could even join them (not necessary, but they have lots of out-of-the-area members) $20/year.
Here's a link by Idaho Parks & Rec regarding ATV rules etc.: https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/activities/atv-motorbike