Monday, November 12, 2018

Meeting Minutes - November 10, 2018

Tumbleweeds--Meeting Minutes
Date: November 10, 2018
Location: KOA Meridian, ID

Meeting Called to Order at 12:54 pm
 by President Mark Bennett


  • Chapter Members: Roy Bowman & Rosemary Zimbelman, Tino & Janet Sanchez, Jim Craft & Rita Anderson, Jim & Beccie McDonell, Dennis & Marcia Seibel, Mark & Emma Bennett, John & Nancy Boudreaux
  • Chapter Friends: Mike & Cathie Mickelsen
  • Guests:

Minutes from last meeting: N/A

Treasures Report: Read and Approved

Old Business:

New Business:
• Officer Elections – Marcia Seibel, 2018 Directory at Large, lead the elections for 2019 officers via written ballots.
Officers for 2019 will be:

  • President: Rita Anderson
  • Vice-President: Marcia Seibel
  • Secretary/Treasurer: Janet Sanchez
  • Director at Large: Mark Bennett

• Mark Bennett, new state assistant director for area 5 (congratulations Mark) performed the swearing in ceremony for the new officers.

• Chapter Member Roster was distributed and reviewed.

  • Please review any email lists and ensure you are using the current member list and everyone’s correct email address.

• Rita Anderson, 2018 Vice-President, distributed a proposed Campout Schedule for 2019. Wagon masters volunteered for each campout and locations were identified.

• Dues for 2019 were collected from all members present.

• Funds were also collected to cover the cost of the room and catered lunch.

Thanks to Rosemary & Rita for arranging the room and great food for today’s meeting.

Next meeting: Spring gathering. Meridian KOA meeting room. March 16th, 2019, 12pm.

Meeting adjourned 1:27 pm

Minutes Recorded by:
Janet Sanchez
Tumbleweeds Secretary/Treasurer

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Tumbleweeds: Planning and Election meeting

Hello Tumbleweeds!

The Time Change happened this weekend so you know what that means -- Time to start planning for 2019 Camping Season! J


Reminder that the Planning and Election meeting is next Saturday, November 10th at the KOA in Meridian. Lunch will be served at noon with the meeting to follow.


Lunch will be from the Olive Garden. The cost for lunch, drinks, and room rental will be $15.00 per person. Also, I believe that Club Dues will also be collected, so bring your check books (right, Janet??).

I have attached a couple of the meeting handouts. The file includes an almost blank schedule for next year, a list of all the places we have visited since 2010, and a calendar from March to November 2019. I will have these same handouts for your use at the meeting so you don't need to print this one.


Mainly, look over the empty dates and start to plan which campout date you would like to host and where you would like to go. I know we all have our favorites, but there are also many sites we haven't visited in years … and there are lots more new ones listed at Let's plan some good campouts for 2019.


Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Take care and safe travels,

Rita J


Tumbleweeds Good Sam Chapter of Boise Idaho
President: Mark Bennett
Vice President: Rita Anderson
Secretary/Treasurer: Janet Sanchez
Director at Large - Marcia Seibel





Monday, October 22, 2018

Planning Meeting and Election meeting

Sigh ... The 2018 Camping Season has come and gone! And it was a fun one. Now it's time to start planning for the 2019 Season. 

Planning Meeting and Elections will be held on Saturday, November 10th at noon. We'll be meeting at the Meridian KOA, 184 W Pennwood St. Lunch will be provided. Rosemary and I are working on the food. Please RSVP to Rosemary if you are planning on attending so we can plan accordingly. Email: or Cell: 208-861-0991. 

After lunch, we'll be talking about plans for next year's campouts. I will have a calendar of dates and our past sites for consideration. Please start thinking about which date you would like to host and where. Also, check out lots of other possibilities at

And we'll be holding elections for the various offices -- President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer. If you are interested in running for an office, please give Marcia a call. She is person in charge of the nominating committee. Email: or cell: 208-631-4435. Below you will find the information on the various offices and duties. 

Your To Do list:
1) RSVP to Rosemary
2) Pick a date and place for hosting in 2019
3) Run for office

Looking forward to seeing all of you at this upcoming meeting. Give me a holler if you have any questions. 

Thanks, Rita 😎


The officers of the Chapter shall consist of the following:

  • President
  • Vice President
  • Secretary – Treasurer

A. The members of the Board of Directors shall be the officers and one member elected from the Membership at large, the Director-At-Large. Any binding action must be passed by an affirmative vote of at least three members.
B. In the event of the death or resignation of the Director-At-Large, a replacement shall be elected at the next Meeting of the Members of the Chapter. The Director-At-Large shall cease to be the Director-At-Large upon election or appointment to an official position, and the President shall appoint from the general Membership to fill the vacancy, the appointment to last until the next regular election of officers/directors. 
C. The Board of Directors shall be responsible for the control and management of the affairs, property and interests of the Chapter and may exercise all powers of the Chapter.


President. The President shall be the presiding officer at all Meetings of the Chapter Membership and Board of Directors. President shall be responsible for enforcement of the general rules of conduct of the Membership and especially the rules of safety which are adopted by the Membership. President shall appoint from the general Membership to fill any vacancy in an officer position, the appointment to last until the next regular election of officers. In the event the President’s office shall fall vacant, the Vice President shall become President and appoint a successor as Vice President. President shall fulfill duties as a member of the State Committee.

Vice President. The Vice President shall serve in the President’s stead in the President’s absence. Vice President shall be responsible for the organization, planning and conduct of all Recreational Events. Vice President shall appoint an Event Director/Wagonmaster from available volunteers for each Recreational Event to take responsibility for the planning and coordination of each specific event. Vice President shall have Recreational Events approximately once every three weeks from April through October.

Secretary-Treasurer. The Secretary-Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining complete and accurate records of the Chapter. The minimum records to be maintained shall be:

(1) Record of all Membership Meetings to include the date, presiding officer, attendance, and any resolutions, either passed or defeated.

(2) Record of all Board meetings to include the date, presiding officer, attendance and any resolutions, either passed or defeated.

(3) Record of all elections to include date, position, candidates and tally of votes by candidates.

(4) Historical record of the Chapter to include a history of Membership and Recreational Events.

(5) Shall be responsible for keeping the Chapter Roster updated on the STATE website and furnish a copy to Chapter officers.

The Secretary-Treasurer shall be responsible for the completion and timely submission of all required reports. 

The Secretary-Treasurer shall be the primary officer responsible for the collection of dues, payment of the Chapter’s obligations to the extent funds are available to meet said obligations, and the security of the Chapter’s funds by depositing the funds in the Chapter’s bank account as established by the Board from time to time. Treasurer shall prepare a Treasurer’s report for presentation at each Membership Meeting which shall include the funds balance at the time of the previous report, funds received since then and the sources, funds expended since then, and the current balance of funds on hand. The report shall be in such form and contain such additional detail as the Board shall determine appropriate from time to time.

Secretary-Treasurer shall be the primary signing authority on all Chapter accounts and shall ensure that at least one additional officer, usually the President, shall also have signing authority on every account. Notwithstanding this requirement for two officers to have signing authority, only one signature shall be required for transactions.

Director-At-Large, unlike the officers, is elected to a two year term. The Director-At-Large shall:

(1) Attend the annual Directors’ Meeting in January and such other Directors’ meetings as may be called by the President.

(2) Is the Chairman of the nominating committee which the Director-At-Large shall convene each September to fix an initial slate of officer nominees for the following year. The slate of nominees so fixed will be voted upon together with any candidates nominated by members at the general election of officers and directors. The voting shall be by the Members attending the last meeting of the calendar year, either in person or by proxy. The nominating committee shall consist of three active members which shall be the Director-At-Large, the immediate past president (even if such office is then currently serving a second term in office) and a third member appointed by the Director-At-Large. In the event the immediate past president is not available to serve, Director-At-Large shall appoint another active member to serve in the immediate past president’s place.

(3) Shall not vote for officers in the general election of officers and directors but shall cast the tie-breaker vote in the event of a tie vote by the membership.

(4) Shall serve in the Presidents stead in the Presidents absence in the event the Vice President is not available for such service.
Tumbleweeds Good Sam Chapter of Boise Idaho
President: Mark Bennett
Vice President: Rita Anderson
Secretary/Treasurer: Janet Sanchez
Director at Large - Marcia Seibel

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

August 24, 25, 26 campout

Okay just to let you all know I talked to the owner of Clear Creek campground ( on highway 55, 7 miles before Cascade) and she is holding 8 full hookup campsites for us for the next 7 days. To guarantee yourself a full hookup site for $20 a night you will need to call and reserve your spot by Monday, May 14th. Tell her your with the Tumbleweeds group and give her my name. I'm sure if you can't make your reservation by the 14th you'd still be able to get a campsite later but may not be at our discounted price or in the same area. Her contact information is:

Dee Hall
208-866-9736 (cell) (best way to reach her)
208-382-7268  (store)

Those that have a UTV, ATV, etc bring them and I will plan a ride on Saturday morning. Don't know yet if it will be to Blue Lake and the radio tower, Warm Lake lodge, or somewhere else. Those that don't want to ride there is fishing, the White Water park with some beautiful walking paths & swimming pool, a Flea Market and a great ice cream shop in Cascade.

I haven't figured out what I will do for Saturday night dinner but Nancy and I will fix some type of meat. Will let let you know later.

Also just to let you know we sold our camp trailer so we are homeless as far as camping in a trailer this summer. That's one reason we haven't been on some of the camp out's. If they don't have a cabin or Yurt that the boys (dogs) can stay in we can't come. We are renting a cabin at Clear Creek campground to stay in.

If you have any questions please email or give me a call

Thank You
Debbie Knudsen

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Banbury Hot Springs, May 18-20

Just a reminder about the Banbury Hot Springs campout is coming up on May 18th, 19th and 20th.   At Banbury Hot Springs  (208-543-4098).   Call if you need directions.  The tumbleweed signs will be out.    We are the host and we will provide Wings for Friday night “Happy Hour”  please bring other finger food for that.

And Saturday night we will provide Beef ribs, so bring what you would like to accompany that.

We are in Site A.

It is a really nice pool,  I will definitely plan on soaking and swimming.   We are camping along a nice river so there is probably fishing, rent kayaks   Close drive to Hagerman or even Twin Falls.   The Shoshone Falls should be spectacular, which is just outside Twin Falls.  It is more spectacular than Niagara Falls.    If you haven’t seen it yet, it is worth doing so.   Jim says RV park has one large site left and 4 small spots.

See you there!
Jim and Beccie McDonell

208-340-8500  Jim cell

Monday, April 23, 2018

TUMBLEWEEDS: April 27-29 campout -- and change of campout dates.

Happy Sunny Day in the Treasure Valley, TUMBLEWEEDS! Just a quick reminder that this weekend, April 27-29, our campout is at Bully Creek in Vale, Oregon. The weather is looking good for a great weekend of camping!!!

If you haven't made your reservation yet, it's not too late to join us. Give the folks there a call at (541) 4732969. Just tell them you are with the Tumbleweeds. Jim and I are in site #10 with others around us. Remember: Bully Creek is ELECTRIC ONLY. Although there are water spigots around the park, bring your own water. And wood. They DO have fire rings!

Dinner Saturday night will be at the Starlite Cafe in Vale. If you haven't already told me, please let me know if you are coming. I need to contact the restaurant with the number of people to expect. Thanks, Rita -- 208-249-5577

Directions: Bully Creek Reservoir is located ten miles west of Vale, Oregon, about 1.5 hours from Boise. Take I-84 to exit 374 -- State Hwy 201. Follow OR-201 to Hwy 20/26, toward Vale. Just past the Starlite Cafe, there will be a folk in the road. Stay to the right on to Graham Blvd/Vale West Hwy. Follow that road to the sign for Bully Creek Reservoir, to the right. You will see the check in area BEFORE the actual campground. Be sure to check in first. 

Let me know if you have any questions.
Rita :)

I have updated the schedule to reflect the changes we talked about at the last meeting. 

As Janet mentioned in her email, we have changed the date of the July campout to July 6-9 and we'll be meeting in White Bird at Swiftwater RV Park. Anna from the park still has some sites available -- see info below. She is VERY much looking forward to hosting the Tumbleweeds that weekend. There is lots and lots and lots to do there. Just ask Roy and Rosemary -- they already have all their days booked with lots of fun activities -- OHV rides and a trip on a jet boat on the Snake River. Give Anna a call as soon as you can!!!!

July 6th - 8th -- Swiftwater RV Park, White Bird, Idaho

So, availability -
Friday July 6th:
Trailers 21 or 22 feet in length: 2 spaces next to you and on the edge of the center island (sp #1); Trailers over that length: 2 pull-through spaces in center island (can accommodate up to 40'
Sat July 7th to Tue July 10th:
10 riverfront spaces, plus the spaces mentioned above.

Hope this makes sense!  In other words, availability on Friday July 6th is tight, but is wide open Sat July 7th to the 10th.


Anna and Duane Ousley
Owners, Swiftwater RV Park - White Bird, ID
Our reviews: TripAdvisor
Our website:
Our phone number: 208.839.2700

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Annnndddd we're off!

What a great start to our camping season 2018. The pre-season luncheon today was a terrific way to kick off this year’s campouts. The food was excellent and the company even better! Can’t wait to get out there actually camping!

Upcoming events:

  • April 27-29: Bully Creek Reservoir in Vale, Oregon. Please call for reservations – 541-473-2969. We have reserved sites 5 (Beccie & Jim), 6, 9 (Janet & Tino), 10 (Rita & Jim), and 11. Just mention the TUMBLEWEEDS when making your reservations.

  • Now is the time to make reservations for these upcoming campouts – spaces go fast and you don’t want to be left out!

  • Several of you mentioned you are interested in joining Jim and me during our trip to the Swiftwater RV Park in White Bird, Idaho on July 6th-9th. I contacted Anna (the owner) and they do have a couple of spaces available during that time. Below is her email response to me. ALSO, there is a lot of good ATVing in the area so she included information about that. If you are interested in joining us, here is Swiftwater’s information.
Anna and Duane Ousley
Owners, Swiftwater RV Park - White Bird, ID
Our website:
Our phone number: 208.839.2700

Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll see you all on April 6th!

Rita 😉
Rita Anderson, Vice President
Good Sam Tumbleweeds Club

From: Anne Ousley []
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 4:17 PM
To: RitaA53
Subject: Re: June Camping Inquiry... Swiftwaterrv - RitaAnderson

Good to hear from you, and thanks again for creating the flyer to distribute at the meeting!

Friday, July 6th, the Park is pretty full, at least on the riverfront, though it totally (at the moment) clears out on Saturday the 7th.  If the other group members have travel trailers 24' or  less, there would be 3 spaces next to your reserved spot (#26) and if they are larger, there are 4 or 5 pull-throughs in the center lawn area that are currently open. 

Available July 6th:
       -----   2 spaces next to you for trailers your size or less (24’ or less)

      ------   Four spaces for larger RVs in the center lawn area

Then, on July 7th, lots of riverfront spaces open up and folks could move their trailers over there, if they let me know when making their reservation in the 1st place.  Otherwise, they would just stay put!

 Would be fun to have more Tumbleweeds in the Park when you are there!

ATV Information:
The roads out of our driveway are maintained by local road districts, and of course, the USFS roads are maintained by them.  

A very helpful website is Stay On Trails, which includes lots of Idaho riding information.  Scroll down the list to Rides #44 and 45 and you'll find information about two Hells Canyon Rides, which are very popular with guests.

White Bird has an active ATV organization - Idaho Pathfinders Association (IPA) and they emphasize efforts to be good stewards of our public lands, to keep our forests clean, and to help protect individuals’ rights to ride trail machines on Public Lands.  Their website:  You could even join them (not necessary, but they have lots of out-of-the-area members) $20/year.

The most recent map innovation from Nat Geo now offers printable topo maps from their website, and it's pretty cool! So you might want to do some printing before leaving, and load up your map case.  Here's the website:

USFS Maps:  Another option is to contact the Nez Perce/Clearwater National Forests to obtain maps ahead of time. Here's a link:

Here's a link by Idaho Parks & Rec regarding ATV rules etc.:

Let me know how else I can help....glad to!

Anna and Duane Ousley
Owners, Swiftwater RV Park - White Bird, ID
Our reviews: TripAdvisor
Our website:
Our phone number: 208.839.2700
- - - - - 

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Campout #2 - April 27-29

While we are all in the mood for making reservations (and praying for warm weather J), let's talk about campout #2.

April 27, 28, 29 at Bully Creek Reservoir in Vale, Oregon.
  • Reservations are needed: (541) 473‐2969;
  • Electric only although there are water spigots spaced out around the park.
  • They fixed their dump site so we will be able to dump before leaving the park.
  • Wagon masters: Rita & Jim – we have reserved site #10

I have reserved sites 5 (Beccie & Jim), 6, 9, 10 (Rita & Jim), and 11. Just mention the TUMBLEWEEDS when making your reservations (see park map).

They have also fixed the picnic area and replaced the cover over the picnic area so if anyone would like to take site #4, it's also available. The site is too large for us, but the picnic area would be a nice place to gather for dinner Saturday night if someone wanted be in that spot.

I'll send out directions and dinner information later, but thought you'd like to make the reservations before too much time passes.

And speaking of reservations, don't forgot to make your reservations for the joint campout with Mountain Home Desert Travelers – October 5-7 – at Three Island Crossing. We have reserved #67 in the Trailside Lower campground; Tino & Janet have site #66. Never too early to get a good spot!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions,
Rita J

Friday, February 16, 2018

Tumbleweeds Pre-Season Get-Together - Saturday, March 17, 2018, at Noon


Put on your "green" and come celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday, March 17, 2018, at Noon at the KOA RV Resort Clubhouse, 184 W. Pennwood Street, Meridian, with your Tumbleweed friends as we get ready to start the 2018 camping season.

The KOA has changed its policies for 2018 so will no longer be providing food; but Rita, Jim and Rosemary have put together a fine buffet for you with the help of Dickey's catering.  On the menu is Pulled Pork, Chopped Beef Brisket, BBQ Beans, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Rolls, Pickles, Onions, BBQ Sauce, Dessert, Coffee, and Cold Drinks.  The price for all this wonderful food is only $15.00 per person. 

Directions to the KOA Clubhouse are as follows:

From I-84, take Meridian Exit.  Turn North - this road is "Main Street."  Travel about 4 blocks to "Franklin Road," Turn Left (West), on Franklin Road, (stay in center lane), go 1 block to "Meridian Road," Turn Left (South), Move to the right-hand lane, Go 2 blocks to "Pennwood St."  This street is just before "JOHN'S AUTO."  Turn Right and the clubhouse is on the right-hand side.  Parking is available in back parking lot and on the street.

Please RSVP to this e-mail no later than Monday, March 5, so Rita has a count to give to Dickey's for the food.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on March 17.

Rita, Jim and Rosemary


Wednesday, February 14, 2018

May 18, 19, & 20th Campout at Banbury Hot Springs

Jim talked with them yesterday and was able to get this site information,  please see below.  There is 9 spaces they are tentatively holding for us.  We have reserved site A for us.  It is never too early to make your reservations,  as we all well know.   So now is a good time to reserve your spot! 

With Thanks,
Jim and Beccie McDonell

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Only 55 more days!

Can't believe it's almost time for the 2018 camping season! Thank heavens the weather has been a lot nice than last year -- we are so ready to hit the road for some camping.

JUST A REMINDER: More information coming, but be sure to mark your calendars for our pre-season get-together on Saturday, March 17th at the Meridian KOA meeting room at noon. Rosemary is working hard to put together a nice little shindig for us! (And be sure to be wearin' of the green as it be St. Paddy's Day!)

The new schedule has been posted. Check the Camping Schedule 2018 link to the right. Attached is an updated camping schedule and information for 2018 as of Feb 10th. I am sure more changes will be coming as we still have 2 "surprise" campouts to plan (Mark & Emma, Nancy & Deb) and one that needs a Wagonmaster -- AND a site. If you would like to host the July 13-15 campout, let me know. We need someone to do the scouting and planning. Check out all the offerings in the Sawtooth and Southwestern Idaho Regions found at Sort by REGION and I'm sure someone could come up with something somewhere???!!! 

Let me know if you
​ if you have questions. Looking forward to seeing all on March 17th.

Happy Camping -- 
Rita 😃

Thursday, February 8, 2018


Hello friends and fellow campers,

Our first camp-out of the year is quickly approaching.  We will be camping at Snake River RV Resort in Homedale, ID on April 6, 7, 8, 2018.  I have reserved spaces 26-31 for our group.  I MUST know by March 1 who will be joining us on this camp-out.  After March 6 you will have to call Snake River RV direct (208-337-3744) to get your campsite and there will be no guarantee you will be close to the rest of us.  We will do a potluck on Sat. (more to come on that as the time gets closer).  This is a full hook up RV park.

Please call Marcia at 208-631-4435 or email me at by March 1 so I can let the RV park know how many to expect.

Directions to Snake River RV:  Take hwy 95, 2 miles South of Homedale and go East on Market St. 1.5 miles, go North on Jump Creek Rd. 8/10 of a mile to campground driveway.  There are signs from Hwy 95.
Hope to hear from everyone and see everyone there.


Marcia Seibel 
Cell:  631-4435

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Changing the date of March Meeting

I was wondering about changing the March meeting to St. Patrick's Day on Sat., March 17, as Roy and I already have a commitment for Sat., March 10, at noon.  The KOA has both Saturdays available so I tentatively reserved March 17 but, if it makes a difference, I can see about moving it back to March 10. 

I am awaiting information on changes that will be happening at the KOA.  Ron, our chef, will no longer be cooking for groups.  He is trying to locate a caterer to take over those duties.  Dates already on the 2018 calendar (which includes dates for our group in March and in November) will be honored.  If he does not get a caterer lined up, we can use the room and do pot luck.  He may charge a fee for room use but, since we are a Good Sams Group, the fee would be minimal.  Once I get more information on the changes, I will let everyone know.



UPDATE: The Board approved changing the date of the March meeting from March 10th to March 17th. 

Monday, January 1, 2018

Meeting Minutes - November 11, 2017

Tumbleweeds--Meeting Minutes 
Date: November 11, 2017 
Location: Meridian KOA 

Meeting Called to Order at 1:45pm by Vice-President Rita Anderson 

Chapter Members: Jim Craft & Rita Anderson, Mark & Emma Bennett, Roy Bowman & Rosemary Zimbelman, Debbie Knudsen & Nancy Schlossman, Jim & Beccie McDonnell, Ken & Ginny Ohls, Tino & Janet Sanchez, Dennis & Marcia Seibel
Honorary Members: Phil & Betty Jo Courtright
Prospective Members: Martin & Judy Scheffer 

Minutes from last meeting: Minutes from September 30, 2017 were read and accepted. 

Treasures Report: Treasurer report read and accepted. 

Old Business

  • Chapter growth – Ideas were discussed to help build membership. $150 can be requested from the Idaho State Good Sam to help cover costs. 
    • It was agreed to create flyers to post at RV sales and repair locations and possibly other sites. Emma volunteered to lead the effort and Janet will assist. 
    • It was agreed to investigate real estate type signs or smaller for each member to put out at their camp site to attract potential members. These could be used any time, not just at chapter campouts. 
      • Mark will get info on frame prices from Home Depot and prices to print the sign. 
      • Tino will get prices from Bryant Ideas 
    • Mark will investigate pricing for a chapter flag and present at the next meeting for a vote. 
    • After pricing for all options is obtained the officers will submit an application to the state which must include the amount needed and how it will be used. 

New Business

  • Sites and wagon masters were determined for the 2018 campouts per the schedule provided by Rita. 
  • Officer elections were held. 2018 Officers will be: 
    • President – Mark Bennett 
    • Vice- President – Rita Anderson 
    • Secretary-Treasurer – Janet Sanchez 
    • Director at Large – Marcia Seibel 

Thanks to Rosemary Zimbelman for arranging a great facility and lunch for our meeting. 

Next Meeting: Spring Gathering, March 10, 2018, Meridian KOA. Rosemary will arrange a food and send out details. 

Meeting adjourned: 2:40pm 
Secretary Janet Sanchez