Sunday, June 6, 2021
I did not hear of any changes or cancellations for this weekend's campout, so we are planning for 11 rigs (22 people). The weather looks good with predictions of a high of 68 degrees on Thursday, low of 46 (good hot spring soaking weather), to 77 on Friday, 80 on Saturday, and 85 on Sunday and partly cloudy for all days.
On Sunday, I had a very informative telephone conversation with Sandra Hanson, Director of the Cambridge Museum. The Cambridge Museum, 15 N Superior Street, is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 to 2:00. The town of Cambridge has Kay's Art Gallery, a shop where you can get ice cream, an antique shop, and the library is open from 1 to 6 Monday thru Sat.
For the UTV riders, we can get into town from Mundo Hot Springs on the back roads. There are two cemeteries on the opposite sides of town that would be fun to check out, both accessible without going onto any state highways. There is an unincorporated community of Goodrich on Goodrich Road that still has an old school house. We could head to Cuddy Mountain - some roads may be blocked off by private property owners. UTVers can cross Highway 95 where Bain Road turns into Burton Lane, and there are loads of back roads that can take us to Midvale and all the way to Indian Valley if we wanted There is the "ghost town" of Salubria after crossing the road on the NE corner of the 4-way stop but not much is left. Look for an old printing press buried in the ground. Sandra is going to draw us a map and leave it at the Cambridge Museum for pickup. (You don't need an UTV to search for the buried printing press.)
I might suggest that we start the UTV ride at 10:00 Friday morning at the campgrounds and head to the Cambridge Museum, where we can pick up a hand-drawn UTV map Sandra is providing us. From there we can determine where we might want to ride on Friday and on Saturday. Pack a lunch for each ride. We might want to do a shorter ride on Friday and a longer ride on Saturday when the rest of the riders arrive. That would give us time Friday afternoon to enjoy the Hot Springs and the non-motorized Weiser River Trail before Happy Hour around 6:30 p.m. (bring appetizer to share, your drink, and table service). We are thinking we might have five or six UTVs when everyone arrives. BBQ chicken potluck will be around 6:30 on Saturday (bring dish to share, your drink and table service), with your Wagon Masters providing the chicken. Campfires both Friday and Saturday nights. Short meeting Saturday after potluck.
Sandra suggested next year we change our camping date to the first weekend of June and attend Hells Canyon Days in Grangeville. Among the activities are a car and truck show. Roy and I entered his T-Bird in the car show a number of years ago while attending Hells Canyon Days for the day. It was a fun day.
We are very excited to be hosting this weekend's campout and are looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
Wagon Masters for Mundo campout
Tuesday, June 1, 2021
If there are any changes to the below reservations, please let me know ASAP so I can provide updated information to the campground. The following have confirmed reservations for the Mundo Hot Springs campout at Cambridge, Idaho:
Coming In on Thursday, June 10, 2021:
Full Service Hook Ups - Back Ins (water, power, sewer)
Roy Bowman and Rosemary Zimbelman, Wagon Masters
David and Julie Wander
Bill and Pat Dayton
Full Service Hook Ups - Pull Throughs (water, power, sewer)
Jim and Beccie McDonell
Phil and Marji Smith
Partial Service Hook Ups - Pull Throughs (water and power)
Frank and Katie Moseanko
Lou and Kathy Darosa - Friends of Frank and Katie
Coming In on Friday, June 11, 2021:
Partial Service Hook Ups - Pull Throughs (water and power)
Ryan and Sharon Montgomery
Rita Anderson and Jim Craft
Leigha and Dave Call - Friends of Rita and Jim
Stan and Daniela Okrakel - Friends of Leigha and Dave - LEIGHA please forward this email to Stan and Daniela as I do not have an email address for them
PRICES - Full Hook Ups - $25 for 30 AMPS; $30 for 50 AMPS - per night - Most spots are 30 AMPS
Partial Hook Ups - $22 for 30 AMPS; $25 for 50 AMPS - per night - Most spots are 50 AMPS - May need a converter. If you don't have one, the Office may have one you can use.
DIRECTIONS TO MUNDO HOT SPRINGS:
On Highway 95, 1 mile north of Cambridge there is a Mundo Hot Springs sign that directs you to turn on Bain Road, then follow the signs for about 2 miles that direct you into Mundo Hot Springs - Address is 3024 Goodrich Road, Cambridge, Idaho, 83610, Telephone Nos. 1-208-257-3849, 1-208-907-2401, 1-208-731-9112
Check In Times - On Thursday between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., On Friday, Between 12:00 noon and 8:00 p.m.
If you want to arrive earlier or later, please call 1-208-907-2401 one-half hour before you arrive so someone can come to the campground to check you in.
Check Out Time - 12:00 noon
1. Friday around 6:30 p.m. - Happy Hour - Bring your favorite drink, an appetizer to share, chairs, plates, and silverware - location Wagon Master's campsite
2. Saturday around 6:30 p.m. - Potluck - Your Wagon Masters will be providing BBQ chicken and a Berry and Vanilla Cream Trifle dessert. Please bring potluck food items to go with the BBQ chicken, your drinks, chairs, plates, and silverware - location Wagon Master's campsite. There will be a brief club meeting after the potluck.
3. Campfires Friday and Saturday evenings - location Wagon Master's campsite
4. Hot Springs Pool - Water temperature is between 92 degrees and 102 degrees. Time slots are for two hours each - 12 to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to 6, 6 to 8 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Pool reservations are required for Saturday and Sunday and recommended for Thursday and Friday. Pool Hours on Thursday are 4 to 6 and 6 to 8. Pool reservation numbers are 1-208-257-3849 or 1- 208-907-2401. Cost is $5.00 per person. If you have paid your dues for 2021 and are an active member of Tumbleweeds, you will not be charged for use of the pool, complimentary of your Wagon Masters. You must check in with the Pool Office for availability first. The office will have a copy of the Tumbleweed's Roster.
5. ATV/UTV riding. Bring your toys and trail maps for the area. Roy is working on UTV rides for Friday and Saturday.
6. The Weiser River Trail is 1/2 mile from Mundo Hot Springs with parking space at an entrance - the entire trail is 84 miles long. You can walk your dogs, bicycle, and horseback ride on the trail, but no motorized vehicles are allowed on the trail.
7. If you don't want to cook, there is a Bistro on the campgrounds that offers home-style cooking, hand-made hamburgers, grilled and cold sandwiches, chef salads, and fresh fruit smoothies for purchase. The Bistro is open Wed/Thurs 4:30 to 7:00 p.m., Fri/Sat/Sun 12:30 to 7:00 p.m. Food is cooked from scratch.
Dogs are to be kept on leashes. Please pick up after your dog(s). The weather looks great with temperatures around 80 degrees and partly cloudy.
Roy and I are excited to be your Wagon Masters for the campout and look forward to seeing everyone at Mundo.
Rosemary Zimbelman - 208-376-7044 - cell 208-571-3341
Roy Bowman - 208-861-0991 - cell
Mundo Wagon Masters