Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Oasis on the Snake Campout - June 3-5, 2022

Next Tumbleweeds Campout:  Oasis on the Snake, June 3-5, 2022.  
Co-Wagonmasters:  Nancy and John Boudreaux, Roy Bowman and Rosemary Zimbelman
Questions?  Contact Rosemary at 208-376-7044

Address:  6170 Highway 21, Huntington, Oregon.  We have 22 spaces set aside for our group.  There are four spaces left.  To reserve, call Tracie at 1-541-262-3833 and mention you are with the Tumbleweeds.  Do not use the website to book.  The special group rate of $40.74 a night is good from June 1 through June 5 if you want to come in early.  All spaces are full hookups.

Check-In Time is 2:00.
Check-Out Time is 12:00 Noon.

The campground is on Mountain Daylight Time.

Friday Night Happy Hour will be at 6:00 p.m. in the pavilion.   Bring your favorite drink for yourself and an appetizer to share with others.  Saturday Night Potluck will also be at 6:00 p.m. in the pavilion.  Your Wagonmasters will be providing grilled pork tenderloin for everyone so bring a dish of your choice to go with the tenderloin.  We will have a campfire each evening.  There is a group fire pit in the middle of our reserved area.  We also can build a fire on the beach.  Some but not all of the individual sites will have a fire ring.  You can bring your own fire ring if you have one.  We will be setting up tables in the pavilion.  Everyone will need to bring their chairs.  The pavilion is an empty structure.  

We currently have 37 people signed up.  Please go to the Camping Planner that Rita has set up - - and indicate what food items you plan to bring so we can coordinate the food.  It is also helpful to know what day you are arriving as some are arriving early.

An ATV/UTV ride is being planned on nearby BLM land for Saturday at 10:00 a.m.  You will need an Oregon ATV/UTV permit to go on the ride.  You can get one online using the website or by putting Oregon State Parks in the subject line on Google, click on Oregon State Parks Home, click on Store, then ATV Permit.  Cost is $10.00, and the permit is good for 2 years.  The sticker needs to be placed on your machine.  

A discussion came up around the campfire at the last campout regarding the need for an Oregon All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Education Card for out-of-state residents to operate ATVs on public land in Oregon.  My research reveals the card is required for Class I (quad, 3-wheelers) and Class III (off-road motorcycles, dirt bikes).  For Class II (sand rail, trucks, SUVs, jeeps) and Class IV (side by sides) a valid state-issued Driver's License is sufficient and the ATV Safety Education Card is required only if the driver is under age 16.  Since most everyone in our club has Side by Sides, the ATV Safety Education Card is not needed as long as you have a valid driver's license.   

If you plan to fish, you will need an Oregon fishing license.  A day license is $23.00 - $42.00 for two days.  You can get a license online or in Huntington.  Huntington is about ten miles away, and it is on Pacific Daylight time.  There is a museum in Huntington open from 1 - 4 on Saturdays.  You might also find an antique shop, a country store, a city park, and a restaurant or two. 

We are looking forward to a fun campout and are excited to see everyone.

Nancy and John, Roy and Rosemary